Saben and I are bi-coastal at the moment with time spent in both Atlanta and Los Angeles. Here is a place where you can follow MLIS happenings, Saben adventures, and other notable events in our lives.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Assignment 2

As the designated team leader, on Sunday, May 23, 2010, I went to the WordPress website to set up the site and the blog page. Both of these tasks had been accomplished already, so I was a little confused. I then went to the discussion board to ask for clarification and to make sure I wasn’t thinking that these tasks had been completed when they really hadn’t been. By the next time I was able to log onto WordPress, one team member had already started the communication and blog categories. I answered a question she had posted and played around with the site that night.

When I had the time to dedicate to the website, I played with the Theme. I changed the theme that was currently in place and then adjusted the settings. I then changed the colors and how the page was organized. That night, I also added a post category to the ones we currently had listed. After completing that task, I explored the widgets and plugins available. I attempted to upload a plugin but I don’t believe I had the required permission to do so. I edited links in the blogroll and added all team members personal blogs created in Assignment 1 to the blogroll list. I answered a question posted on the board and then signed off for the night.

The next time I logged on to WordPress, I added a custom title to our categories under the theme settings, and I worked on my individual profile page. Uploading and adjusting the image on my profile page was interesting, and after a few different tries, I finally got it in the size I wanted. I then wanted to see about embedding a video on the blog, so I found an appropriate video on YouTube posting it to our site without any incident.

On Thursday night, I logged back onto our site to see what changes had been made during the day. I answered a few questions and responded to a few posts on the blog. I also worked on organizing our page. Overall, this was a great experience working with WordPress.

http://www.valdosta.edu/~foguz/7505/team7

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.